Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Turkey Meatloaf with Feta

Since I was not motivated to start packing for my trip to Turkey just yet I decided to look in the fridge and see what ingredients I have to work with for dinner. I decided I wanted something light and easy to cook up. I went to one of my favorite websites, the trusty Food Network, to see what I was in the mood for. This meal took me about 10 minutes to prepare and get into the oven. If you have kids this is a great recipe to get them to help you out and start their love for cooking.



Turkey Meatloaf with Feta
Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis


Ingredients:
Vegetable cooking spray
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced, optional
2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons Jane’s Crazy Salt (found on the baking aisle)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat

Directions
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, if using, eggs, milk, feta, salt, and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
Carefully pack the meat mixture into the prepared pan and bake until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Put on a serving platter and serve.

1 comment:

  1. I always end up with extra feta when I buy it, this looks like a great way to use it up!

    ReplyDelete