Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Twist on the Turkey Burger

Growing up, a burger was a plain old burger at my house - usually topped with American cheese and a little mustard and ketchup. I don't recall my mom ever adding anything to the meat before grilling up the patties on the 4th of July. Boy were we missing out! Every time I turn around, I seem to find another great twist on the turkey burger. I served these with sweet potato fries, and the meal was a hit at my house.

I hope your summer is treating you well!
Allison Y.

Grilled Turkey Burgers
Adapted from Cheese-Burger.net

Ingredients:
1 (1.25 oz.) package Jennie-O Ground Turkey
1/2 small onion, minced
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon mayo - I used the light version.
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
salt, to taste

Don't forget to buy:
cheese slices

hamburger buns
avacado
tomato slices

Directions:
Combine ground turkey with the onion, parsley, basil, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well but do not over mix or your patties will get messy.

Use the mixture to shape 4 patties that are about 1 inch thick. Grill over medium-high heat until they are cooked through, usually 6-7 minutes each side. Top with cheese slices to melt cheese before serving on burger buns.

I topped mine with sliced avocado and sliced Roma tomatoes - although I bet many of you are itching to use your Hanover tomatoes, which would also be terrific! I also like to mix together a little extra mayo and Dijon mustard to make a creamy topping to spread onto the buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment