Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pecan & Parmesean Crusted Mahi Mahi


For those of you who don't already know, my husband is a fishing fanatic. He loves anything and everything having to do with off-shore fishing. Some women dutifully watch football, basketball, and baseball to keep their sweeties appeased. I, on the other hand, watch Saltwater Sunday on ESPN.


As you can imagine, it was only a short matter of time before he got me offshore. My favorite memory of fishing was spent onboard Winn's Cin down in Hatteras. My best fisherbuddies - Winn, Cindy, Carman (aka Baby C), and Wes - patiently taught me how to fish, and we spent hours bailing one dolphin after another (aka Mahi-Mahi). We came home with so much fish that we didn't know what to do with it all! It was time to start hunting for yummy recipes.

I have been so excited for the summer season to come! I have oodles of fish recipes coming your way now that I've got a bunch of fresh fish coming my way. We'll start with one of Baby C's recommendations - Pecan and Parmesan Crusted Mahi Mahi. Enjoy!
xoxo,
Allison Y.

Pecan and Parmesan Crusted Mahi-Mahi
Courtesy of Baby C's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 pound mahi-mahi
1 cup shelled pecans
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
non-stick cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pulse pecans in a food processor until finely chopped. In a medium-sized bowl, thoroughly combine the pecans with the Parmesan cheese - set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and Worcestershire sauce. Cut the mahi into serving sized pieces (about 2 inches thick). Dip each piece of mahi into the egg/milk mixture before dropping it into the pecan/Parmesan mixture. Generously coat each piece of fish so that it has a crusty covering all around. Place the mahi into the greased casserole dish. Bake for about 20 minutes until the center of the fish is white and flaky. Baking time may be a little shorter/longer depending on the thickness of the fish.

2 comments:

  1. My first published recipe. My mother is proud of me right now haha. Thanks gals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way to a man's heart...fishing and cooking fish they catch!!!

    ReplyDelete