Monday, February 15, 2010

About 3 Gals and a Kitchen

3 Gals and a Kitchen started as 3 friends were constantly sending recipes back and forth. The memory on their cell phones would fill up with all of the photos they had taken of the meals created each evening. After many dinner parties and recipe exchanges, they decided to start a blog where those recipes can be shared with friends, family, and the blogging community.


My name is Esra and I am a 27 year old Sales & Marketing Representative in Richmond, VA. Food and entertaining has always been a passion of mine. My love of food started at a young age when I would watch my mother cook all of these amazing Turkish recipes for our family and friends. After sitting in the kitchen waiting for her to pass little samples of what she was cooking she allowed me to help with various meals. I am still amazed how she does not have any recipes written down, but instead they are all in her head. When I ask her for a recipe it usually consists of me watching what she is doing and writing down all of the ingredients she is adding to her latest creation. Throughout college the Food Network become a must watch after classes and before going to work. Many of my recipes are inspired by Rachael Ray, Paula Dean, Barefoot Contessa, Giada, Sandra Lee (for the nights when I am in a rush), Emeril, Ellie Krieger (for all the healthy options), and of course the Food Network competitions. These recipes are a great way to start and then adding your own personal touch to each recipe to make it your own. After college the 3 of us lived within walking distance of each other and would constantly call each other to taste test our latest and greatest recipes. My favorite part of cooking is when I can invite my friends over for a dinner party and get the opportunity to decorate the table.

A little bit about me, I am first generation stateside, born and raised in Richmond, VA. When I am not cooking I am spending time with my wonderful boyfriend and our cute little German Shepherd, Dallas, and our friends/family. I love photography and will almost always carry a camera with me. Playing sports and being outdoors is always relaxing after a long days work.

About Alison...to come

About Allison...to come

XOXO,
Pink Ladies

3 comments:

  1. I love this and I love yall!! When will you be hiring part time contributors??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contribute anytime you want! We will glad add more recipes from our lovely 3 Gals & a Kitchen followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog! I love to cook. Can't wait to try some yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete